Job opportunity in Community Development Centre
Community Development Centre (CODEC), a non-profit development organization, which has been working in coastal areas of Bangladesh since 1985, invites application from the potential Bangladeshi nationals for the following positions for our upcoming project funded by USAID.
Post Name/ Position Title: Project Director
Company Name: Community Development Centre-CODEC
Type of Jobs Nature: Full Time / Part-Time
Number of job vacancies: 01
Nature of Job category: Non-Government job
Job Level: Entry / Mid / Top Level
Job Application Posting Date: 27 September, 2016
Jobs Application Deadline: 4 October, 2016
Job description / Responsibilities:
- Lead the activity in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning and managing evaluations and assisting the program management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
- Participates in strategic planning discussions and leads the design of Core program work plans in close collaboration with Nutrition Specialist, SBCC Specialist, Monitoring Specialist and Technical team.
- Develops effective working relationships with USAID and key partners; represents INCA Activity at key stakeholder meetings, including meetings with USAID Health Element Offices and serves as INCA focal point with relevant technical working groups.
- Ensure community-based nutrition interventions and closely aligned with USAID’s Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and the Feed the Future (FTF) programs.
- Delivers timely and quality donor reporting; ensures M&E data is regularly collected and documented; and works with other program staff, including field staff, to develop global reports that demonstrate progress towards achieving specific targets by health element funding stream (both centrally funded and USAID Mission funded).
- Writes technical reports for publication, in close collaboration with Technical Support Team, and develops program materials for both internal and external audiences, including briefing documents, success stories, case studies, and presentations.
Education Qualification: Master’s degree in nutrition, public health, social science or relevant field preferred.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading, managing and implementing efforts to improve nutrition and/or maternal child health
Additional Job Requirements:
- Good understanding of community approaches to improve nutrition, especially in rural areas, maternal and child health, government health services and gender issues;
- Knowledge of the culture and context of Bangladesh;
- Interacting and negotiating with government counterparts and other international and local organizations working in the health sector at the highest levels;
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills;
- Knowledge of USAID programs and experienced in the area of program management;
- The position requires excellent organizational skills, tact, good judgment and discretion, compassion, understanding, and an interest in serving people to maintain smooth and effective working relationships with personnel of both Missions, at all levels.
- Good interviewing and analytical skills, in order to make objective decisions and present them concisely, is necessary.
- An ability to apply and interpret regulations to current situations is required.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of a word processing system, Excel, and other MS Office applications are needed.
- Work requires the utmost discretion in handling human relations matters, and the ability to inspire confidence and maintain confidentiality.
- The Project Director must have the supervisory and managerial skills necessary to manage a high-performing Unit in the Executive Office; and, the ability to plan, organize, establish priorities, direct, and follow up on the work of the Unit.
Age limit for jobs: Years
Salary: 1,20,000/- to 1,50,000/-
Other Benefits: As per company Policy
Jobs Location: Bhola
Gender: Both (Male & Female)
Jobs Source: Chakri.com | Bdjobs
Office Address: Community Development Centre (CODEC), Plot-02, Road-02, Lake Valley R/A, Foy’s Lake, Khulshi, Chittagong.
Email Address: N/A
Website Address: N/A
Interested candidates are requested to send their update CVs, along with two recent passport size photograph and photocopy of all academic and experience certificates and photocopy of national ID card within October 04, 2016 marking the position applied for on the envelop at the following address:
Community Development Centre (CODEC), Plot-02, Road-02, Lake Valley R/A, Foy’s Lake, Khulshi, Chittagong. Due to large number of applications received only short listed candidates will be contacted. CODEC is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate based on gender, religion, background or differently-able person. Women are highly encouraged to apply